Saturday, August 13, 2011

My Freedom's Fire


Imagine this grand room
This huge empty room
With a high ceiling stretching to Heaven itself
Beautiful flooring and ornate walls stretching for miles ahead
From one end of my memory to the other
Huge..


With french windows lined on both sides
And no furniture to be seen
Bare walls with beautiful carvings on the pillars that rise on them
Sunlight streams in through the french windows
And lights up a few carvings and shadows others


Imagine this grand magnificent piano
That's there in the middle of the room - The only object in the middle of it all
This sunlight tat streams in through the windows
is winter sunlight - cold to the touch and warm still
And you can see dust pollens in the sunlight band
These rays of gold and dust pollen ~ magic dust
lighting the room up


A fews keys on that grand piano are pressed
Like a quick flutter
The bars of sunlight shimmer in that sound...
The room itself is caught in a state of nervous ecstacy with those few notes
Few strands of music prances around the room
Like a few temporary butterflies
Lighting everything up
Inspite of the sunlight, inspite of the sunlight...


Imagine this very instant,
Imagine you are there...
And then put them all together
And its you
My Freedom's Fire...

You are going to be in such a room someday
And you are going to think about me a little on that day
You wont be able to place it immediately but somehow I will be there in your mind
And you are going to remember me for making you imagine this setting


You can make beams of sunlight flutter when you touch it
You deserve things worthy as described in those few moments of the sunbeam
Those moments are worthy of being all your life
And never anything less..never anything less...

My Freedom's Fire...

----------------------------------------------------------
You may say that I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one ~ Imagine, John Lennon

5 comments:

Rishita Sumeet said...

I remember this. Beautiful then, beautiful now!

Gothika said...

May all men unite in Apotheosis! Beautiful poem!!! :)

7ark said...

@ Saoirse - :) by Aedan- Sums it up?

@ Sammers - Learnt a new word today and Apotheosis is indeed a magnificent word. Was reading about it right now and thnks but I do not classify this as a poem, more like penning thoughts as it flies through the mind. It doesn't have any specific structure.

Anonymous said...

Was Waiting for this moment & certainly the first thought at that very moment was about this blog. Thank you rishiboi............

Unknown said...

The bit about freedom's fire is somewhat beyond me, but sure I will be thinking about you the moment I enter a big place with past remnants and resounding memories..